Lake Baringo & Lake Baringo Island, Kenya
Safari Hotels, Lodges & Camps Accommodations
(Lake Baringo is 208 kilometers North of Nairobi in Kenya’s Great Rift Valley)
- Lake Baringo, Kenya Hotels, Lodges and Camps; Accommodation around Lake Baringo and Lake Baringo Island Camp. Lake Baringo is 150 Kilometers from Lake Nakuru and is one of the most beautiful and spectacular of the Rift Valley lakes. Lake Bogoria has over 400 bird species. Lake Baringo is approximately 208 kilometers North of Nairobi in Kenya’s Great Rift Valley. It is a freshwater lake approximately 22 kilometers long by 11 kilometers wide, with an area of 168 square kilometers. It is situated at an altitude of 1100 meters but is surrounded by mountains rising to almost 300 meters above the ambient ground level in places. At the northern end of the Lake lies the dormant volcano, Karosi, 1449 meters high. Travel time from Nairobi is about four hours by road or one and quarter hours by air.
- Lake Baringo Hotels, Lodges and Camps include: Lake Baringo Island Camp, Lake Baringo Samatian Island Camp, Lake Baringo Tamarind Garden, Lake Baringo Soi Safari Lodge, Lake Baringo Club, Lake Baringo Roberts Camp and Lake Baringo West Bay Camp Site.
7 Lake Baringo Hotels, Lodges & Camps
Lake Baringo Island Camp
- Island Camp Baringo; Island Camp Baringo is situated on the southern tip of Ol Kokwe Island in the fresh waters of Lake Baringo in the Great Rift Valley with steep mountain sides on each side. Great sunrises, sunsets and the place to be for full moon. Island Camp Baringo is small, exclusive and remote thus offering a perfect opportunity to escape the humdrum of city life and enjoy the beauty and tranquility of this idyllic island. Island Camp Baringo has 23 double tents with en-suite bathroom set under spreading acacia trees. There is also a large and secluded honeymoon tent down by the waters’ edge.
- Island Camp Baringo accommodation meal plan is full board. The drive from Nairobi takes three and a half hours on tarmac road. Once at Lake Baringo,
- access to Baringo Island Camp is only by boat, driven by experienced boatmen. Parking, shade and security are provided for the vehicles left on the mainland, while porters are available to assist in transferring luggage to the boats.
- Island Camp activities include relaxation, swimming in the pool at the pinnacle of the camp with picturesque views, bird watching, boat trips around the lake, water-skiing, champagne breakfasts, guided walks to the hot springs etc. Island Camp Baringo is ideal for special occasions – e.g., conferences/seminars, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Island Camp Baringo guests can also visit local Njemps villages and close by Lake Bogoria Game Reserve for large numbers of flamingo, sometimes nesting; hot springs and the elusive and elegant Greater Kudu antelope.
Lake Baringo Club – Lake Baringo, Kenya
Lake Baringo Club is on the delicate shores of Lake Baringo, the gentle waters nudge, lulling you into the hypnosis of deep relaxation. Lake Baringo Club is a luxury holiday choice with comfortable rooms available. The vegetation is tropical; palm trees surround the buildings, with lush green lawns and the concoction of pinks, purples, reds and oranges of the gorgeous bougainvillea that characterize many of the Great Rift Lakes. Crocodiles bask, and hippos grunt. Over 460 species of birds have been identified.
Lake Baringo Club accommodation at Lake Baringo Club consists of:
- Accommodation is luxurious and plentiful, designed to maximize your rest while you enjoy the other exciting activities close by. There are 7 twin rooms that open to the pool area. 40 twin rooms are available in the Lake Wing rooms. Restaurants and bars serve your dining needs well. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the dining room that can accommodate 125 guests. There is also a conference facility to meet your business needs. The distance from Nairobi is 285 Kilometers. There is 1 meeting room with a capacity of 100: cocktail 100pax, boardroom style 40pax, theater style 60pax, with a slide or overhead projector, TV, video function, and flip charts. Other services include: laundry, a gift Shop, telephone and fax services, communications radio, all major credit cards accepted and a Bureau de Change.
- Lake Baringo Club activities and excursions are various: try a bird walk, boat trip, fishing, horse riding, camel riding or visit a Njemps village and Bogoria hot springs. A resident ornithologist leads bird walks before breakfast and in the evening. The spectacular bird boat trip offers you the chance of bird watching from boat. There are two hot springs in the area, with plenty of bird, crocodile and hippo watching en route. Njemps fisherman, conspicuously balancing on flimsy looking one-man rafts borrow a fish from your boat, calling up a fish eagle from the top of a distant tree, for the benefit of your viewing and photographic endeavor.
Lake Baringo Soi Safari Lodge – Lake Baringo, Kenya
- Soi Safari Lodge is located in the Great Rift Valley, where it commands spectacular views of Lake Baringo, nestling in a bushy acacia with the compound partially patched with rocks to portray the lodge’s originality. Soi Safari Lodge boasts to be a most beautiful lodge in The Great Rift Valley, built to the latest design, and since it’s opening, their clients have termed it a “home away from home”
- With bushy Acacia at the lakeshore and the rocky dry sparsely populated and remote semi-arid environment, Soi Safari Lodge enjoys a spectacular view of the fresh water of Lake Baringo, its beautifully enchanted islands and the famous Laikipia escarpment across the lake. Guests enjoy a conducive and attractive compound, which has been partially patched with rocks to portray its originality.
- Soi Safari Lodge offers quite a number of activities which include:
- A 5 minute walk to the Reptile Park
- A visit to the spectacular Cliff nearby
- Take Excursions to the Njemps village
- Relax or swim in our sparkling clean Swimming Pool
- Motor cruise in the Lake and see birds, wildlife, islands and sceneries
Lake Baringo Samatian Island Camp
- Samatian Island Lodge is set on a small private island on Lake Baringo in Kenya’s Great Rift Valley: A small and exclusive lodge is that commands breath-taking views across the waters Lake Baringo. Lake Baringo is a Ramsar site, having been recognized internationally as a vitally important wetland.
- Samatian Island Lodge offers accommodation in five open-plan thatched cottages sleeping up to a total of 12 guests,each room having a superb view of the lake. Bedrooms have adjacent bathrooms, each with its own unique style, and usually a view too. The family chalet has a double and a twin bedroom as well as an open air deck upstairs for star-gazing and enjoying the breathtaking view. Mosquito nets are also provided in case of a storm, waterproof blinds are let down to shut out the rain.
- The lodge boasts of a large infinity pool, offering panoramic views of the lake with its backdrop of rugged hills of Kenya’s arid Northern Frontier District. From samatian Island lodge, guests can enjoy many activities among them boat trips in well-built Sesse Canoes, bird Watching (over 450 species of birds), exploration of the neighboring Rift Valley lakes and the Tugen Hills., Cultural visits to Pokot and Njemp villages, cycling – eight mountain bikes are available for guests. Hiking around the neighboring larger island of Ol Kokwa , picnics and bush breakfasts, Wake-boarding and fishing for Tilapia and cat-fish on the shores around the island.
Lake Baringo Tamarind Garden
Lake Baringo Roberts Camp
Lake Baringo West Bay Camp Site