- Samburu Hotel, Lodges and Camps in Kenya. Samburu Accommodation. Widest choice of Accommodation in Samburu Kenya. Find the Best Samburu Accommodation and deal from our selection of Samburu National Reserve Hotels at African Spice Safaris below.
- Samburu Desert Rose Lodge, Samburu Larsens Tented Camp, Samburu Serena Lodge, Samburu Saasab Camp, Samburu Bedouin Camp, Samburu Lodge, Samburu Intrepids Camp, Samburu Sentrim, Samburu Sentrim, Samburu Elephant Bedroom Camp, Samburu Elephant Watch Camp, Samburu Sopa Lodge, Samburu Kitich Camp, Samburu Saruni Lodge and Samburu Joys Camp.
- 15 Samburu Safari Lodges & Camps in Africa, Kenya
Samburu Simba lodge – Samburu Game Reserve, Kenya
- Samburu Simba LodgeSamburu Simba Lodge; Samburu Simba Lodge is situated 300 km North of Nairobi in Buffalo Springs National Reserve within Isiolo District. Buffalo Springs is located on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River in Kenya; on the other side of the river is the Samburu National Reserve and nearby the famous Shaba National Reserve (Joy Adamson of ‘Born Free’ film).
- Buffalo Springs Game Reserve is accessible by road via Isiolo, about 6 hours drive from Nairobi through Nanyuki on a tarmac road to Isiolo, then another 22 kilometers to Buffalo Springs. The area is very dry (semi-arid) with a lot of scrub and acacia trees. The temperatures range from 30ºC during hottest months to 20ºC between July and September.
- Samburu Simba Lodge has 18 cottages, over 70 rooms in singles, doubles and interconnecting rooms. The rooms are spacious, well furnished with a reading desk and several lounge chairs. The bathrooms have a shower with warm or cold water. All Samburu Simba Lodge rooms have an over head fan, telephone extension and reading desk. Guests like the large terrace that faces the river valley below, especially in the morning when there is bird life and elephants roaming. Samburu Simba Lodge was formally Buffalo Springs Lodge.
- Sarova Shaba Lodge – Shaba Game Reserve, Kenya
- Sarova Shaba LodgeSarova Shaba Game Lodge is located in a natural oasis in the heart of the Shaba Game Reserve or Born Free Country that Joy and George Adamson called home for many years. The Lodge is 314 Kilometers from Nairobi, a 45 minute flight from Nairobi to Shaba or Samburu airstrip or a picturesque 5 hour drive through the curving roads around Mt. Kenya crossing the equator at Nanyuki.
- Sarova Shaba Game Lodge is set along the bank of the Uaso Nyiro River laid out around the natural springs that flow into the river. The Lodge has a virtual mini forest of indigenous trees, a fish pond and a large free form swimming pool.
- Sarova Shaba Game Lodge has a presidential suite, 4 executive suites, and 80 standard rooms, all with en suite bathrooms. The rooms are chalet style, on two storey thatched roof wooden structures. In addition there is the Main Restaurant, Bar and numerous bush and alfresco dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own Pool Bar.
- There are meeting rooms available. Sarova Shaba Game Lodge is surrounded by a 24 hour double electric fence. Activities include Samburu Culture and Cultural Talks, massage therapies, game drives and Bird watching with a record of over 350 different birds species.
- Sarova Shaba Game Lodge lends itself naturally to the ideal exotic wedding flavored with the culture and traditions of the Samburu People. The weddings are held at the landscaped greens at the lodge, with a Samburu elder blessing the marriage.
Larsens Tented Camp – Samburu, Kenya
- Larsens CampLarsens Tented Camp is located 320 kilometers north of Nairobi on the border of the old northern Frontier Province. Larsens is a small, luxury tented camp set in lush lawns on the banks of Uaso Nyiro River in Samburu National Reserve. The Camp is named after Erik Ole Larsen, a legendary Dane credited with defining the luxury safari under canvas.
- Larsens Tented Camp has 20 free standing luxurious tented accommodations each with a private balcony. All tents are discreetly sited along the west bank of the Uaso Nyiro River with the result that the tents are bathed with light at sunrise. Each tent stands on a plinth of natural stone and all have en suite private bathrooms stocked with a range of Molton Brown toiletries, flushing toilets, constant hot water and 24 hour electricity (240 volts). Each tent features 1 king or 2 twin beds designed in chic safari style.
- Larsens Tented Camp guests share their dining experiences in locations that may vary from day to day. Breakfast, lunch or dinner may be served on the river bank under a canopy of fig trees, on the river front deck, by the camp fire, on the tree deck overlooking a watering hole or in the untamed wilderness. Sundowners are served every evening by the camp fire or on the tree deck. Guests can have their pick of cocktails, fine wines, sparkling wines and a variety of beers and soft drinks served at the Larsens Bar.
Samburu Serena Lodge – Samburu, Kenya
- Samburu Serena Safari Lodge is currently closed (as of March 4th 2010) for construction. A design brief for this new Samburu Serena Safari Lodge has already been provided and it includes a luxury lodge with a reduced room inventory and excellent leisure and nature activities which will be a significant improvement on what was the old Samburu Serena Safari Lodge.
- The exact time frame for the completion of this new Samburu Serena Safari Lodge is anticipated for June 2011 at the earliest. The new Samburu Serena Safari Lodge will be located on a hill behind the current site, which has impressive rock formations and vegetation and a spectacular backdrop with views of the river and the hills around Samburu.
Samburu Sopa Lodge – Samburu, Kenya
- Samburu Sopa Lodge; Samburu Sopa Lodge is situated 325 kms from Nairobi, in the middle of the park, next to the new Oryx airstrip. It is accessible from the main Isiolo – Moyale road at both Ngare Mara as well as Archers post junctions.
- The lodge was designed in harmony with the architectural heritage of the local communities whose sons and daughters make up the majority of the work force at the lodge. Samburu Sopa Lodge consists of fifteen cottages, each with two bedrooms are built in an arch formation on either side of the public around the watering hole.
- The layout leave opens to a wide entrance allowing the wildlife easy access to water. Meals are served in an open sided restaurant adjacent to the bar and swimming pool all facing the watering hole.
- Samburu Sopa Lodge offers 60 double rooms designed as dual adjacent cottages. The cottages, to a degree, mimic traditional Samburu style architecture. All rooms have en-suite showers, toilets and wash basins.
- All rooms have a patio/balcony where clients can relax and enjoy superb views of the Matthew ranges, the swimming pool or the water hole (depending on room). Samburu Sopa Lodge has one room designed to accommodate clients who are disabled. The lodge offers 60 spacious cottage style rooms with verandas.
- Sunsets at Samburu Sopa are amazing to behold as the star- studded African night sets in. The only interruption to this mesmerizing experience is the occasional Lion roar, laughter of the Hyena or sweet flute melodies of Samburu Warriors calling it a day.
- Samburu Sopa Lodge is owned and operated by Sopa Hotels & lodges a range of large motel lodges which cater for the middle-market packaged safari customer.
- Samburu Sopa Lodge meals are served in the main restaurant in buffet style; the lodge also provides waited service. The restaurant is open air and has superb views of the landscape and of the water hole and can accentuate the dining experience should wildlife appear at the water hole during the hot days.
- The restaurant, lounge and surrounding areas are lit softly in the evenings creating a relaxed ambiance for all the guests to gather around for tea and coffee after the meals. The main bar near the pool and lounge area at the Samburu Sopa Lodge is open throughout the day till midnight.
Samburu Intrepids Camp – Samburu, Kenya
- Samburu Intrepids CampSamburu Intrepids Camp is situated on the banks of the Uaso Nyiro River in the arid heart of Samburu National Reserve. Samburu Intrepids looks out over riverbanks where herds of elephant, buffalo and zebra come daily to drink – together with the rarer ‘northern species’ of reticulated giraffe, Beisa oryx and long-necked gerenuk antelope.
- Samburu Intrepids is renowned as a pioneer of luxury camping in one of the world’s last truly great wilderness areas. Samburu Intrepids Camp is approximately 345 kilometers north of Nairobi. Samburu Intrepids will show you this dramatic wilderness from a world of fascinating perspectives.
- Samburu Intrepids Camp offers 27 modern tents with a private view over the wildlife-rich riverbanks. The tent has soft four-poster beds, mahogany closets and desks, and en-suite bathrooms with steaming hot showers.
- The bathrooms also offer twin washbasins, flush toilets, and sockets for shavers and battery charging. The tented camp roofing is all palm-thatched, and is raised on stilts to catch the cooling breeze blowing off the river.
- The main dining room has a seating capacity of 60, and opens onto an outdoor dining terrace, where buffet breakfasts, lunches and dinners are served overlooking the river. (Meals can also be enjoyed on your private verandah or at one of a series of specially selected ‘bush sites’ close to the camp.) Buffet luncheons and candlelight dinners are served on an elevated deck amidst the high shade trees.
- Samburu Intrepids Camp facilities include: breezy thatched dining areas overlooking the river, lounge and bar with nightly talks and slide shows, freeform ‘oasis’ swimming pool and sunbathing garden, small conference room with television/VCR facilities, boutique with souvenirs and safari essentials, reliable telephone, e-mail, fax and postal services and professional flex body therapy for half- or one-hour.
- Game drives in Samburu will reveal a dramatic wilderness from a world of fascinating perspectives. From the Samburu Intrepids Camp you can have, escorted nature walks, memorable Bush breakfasts and Starlit dinners, Sundowners, Tours of Samburu Villages, Lectures and slide shows on culture and wildlife. As a member of the Heritage Hotels, Samburu Intrepids features the famous Adventurers’ Club for the kids.
Sentrim Samburu Lodge – Samburu, Kenya
- Sentrim Samburu TentSentrim Samburu Camp is location deep inside Samburu Game Reserve guaranting close encounters with Samburu’s sheer species, including elephant, leopard and Samburu’s famous “Special five” – the rare Reticulated Giraffe, long necked Gerenuk Antelope, Somali Ostrich, Grevy’s zebra, and Majestic Beisa Oryx.
- Sentrim Samburu Camp is located 345 km’s North of Nairobi, the Journey to Sentrim Samburu Camp involves a 50 minutes flight to the Isiolo airstrip followed by a 35 minutes drive through Samburu Game Reserve.
Samburu Lodge – Samburu, Kenya
- Samburu Lodge; Samburu Lodge is set in 10 acres of pristine riverine forest on the western bank of the Uaso Nyiro River within the Samburu National Reserve in northern Kenya at an altitude of 857 meters above sea level.
- Here at Samburu lodge you will be able to find your every holiday safari desire from fantastic 3 course meals, beverage outlets, variety of accommodation options and not to mention countless entertainments opportunities. Established in 1962 Samburu Lodge is the most historic location in the Samburu National Reserve and has been a premier choice of many since the start of Safari in Kenya.
- Samburu Lodge accommodation enjoys the river frontage where from your room you can watch crocodiles in the river and elephants on the opposite back come to drink. Samburu Lodge cottages, rooms and suites numbering 61 in total, are decorated using the finest materials and fabrics.
- All rooms have en suite bathrooms, some with baths, and private balconies overlooking the river. There are several family rooms. One room has been custom designed to accommodate the special needs of physically challenged persons.
Samburu Lodge activities include:
- Samburu cultural dancing and wildlife video
- Game drives within the Samburu National Reserve
- Bird Watching every day with the resident naturalist
Saruni Samburu Lodge – Samburu, Kenya
- Saruni Samburu CampSaruni Samburu Safari Camp, set in the Kalama Wildlife Conservancy in northern Kenya, has just six cottages and offers a luxury safari experience in pristine surroundings. Like its sister camp in the Masai Mara, Saruni Samburu is a small and personal camp offering an intimate safari experience in an unspoilt environment.
- Set just a few kilometers north of the Samburu National Reserve, a celebrated elephant sanctuary, the safari camp is just off the beaten track while having easy access to excellent game viewing very close by.
- There are several areas around Saruni Samburu safari Camp which can be used as hides or viewpoints over the waterholes which attract a variety of wildlife including elephant, giraffe, zebra and oryx. The generous swimming pool has dramatic views over Samburu and and an area has also been set aside for massages and treatments.
- The traditions and semi-nomadic heritage of the local Samburu people are an important part of the experience and guests are led by professional Samburu safari guides. As well as safari game drives, special experiences at Samburu include night drives, guided bush walks, rock climbing, bush dinners and star-gazing.
Saruni Samburu Safari Camp information:
- Free activities Day and night game drives, guided bush walks, rock climbing, bush dinners and star-gazing
- Location of Saruni Samburu Safari Camp Kalama Wildlife Conservancy, Samburu, northern Kenya
- Getting to Saruni Samburu Safari Camp take a 1 hour domestic flight, 30 minutes game drive
- Weather Dry season from November to March, rainy season April /May and late October
- Children at Saruni Samburu Safari Camp Children over 8 years welcome but no facilities
- Saruni Samburu Safari Camp accommodation 6 luxury safari cottages
- Facilities Swimming pool, Samburu Well being Space, private airstrip
Joys Camp – Shaba National Reserve, Kenya
- Joys CampJoy’s Camp is situated at Joy Adamson’s original campsite in Shaba National Reserve, the place where she released her famous leopard “Penny. Joy’s Camp is the perfect choice for discerning guests interested in a glimpse of Kenyan history, as well as those looking for an authentic wildlife experience combined with the comfort of a luxury-tented camp.
- Joy’s Camp is situated in Shaba National Reserve, which is 314kms from Nairobi. Shaba National Reserve is a semi desert with a rugged hilly terrain, with great rocky kopjes (small hills) and lots of springs supporting the abundant wildlife. The landscape is similar to nearby Samburu with riverine forests, acacias and doum palms.
- Shaba National Reserve was made famous for its association with the world famous conservationists Joy and George Adamson and the film ” Born Free”. Joy’s Camp has 10 individual tents set on concrete floors, overlooking a wonderful spring, which is the areas local waterhole for the game.
- The camp includes 4 spacious twins and 6 large double tents. Each tent is uniquely decorated with Bedouin Somali cloth design, creating a chic, sophisticated and stylish camp. Each 80sq metre tent, including a veranda, has its own private deck above. Each tent it en-suite with a private dressing area, bathroom, flushing toilet and lounge area. The main dining and living area is designed with a similar theme.
- Shaba National Reserve is enriched with extraordinary wildlife. Game drives will incorporate varied wildlife including gravy zebra, the Somali ostrich, generuk, reticulated giraffe, lesser kudu, leopards, plenty of lion and herds of elephants.
- Other activities at Joy’s Camp include bush breakfasts, sundowners and cultural visits. The cuisine at Joy’s Camp is traditional Northern Italian food all prepared from the Cheli family cook book.
Sasaab Camp – Samburu, Kenya
- Sasaab CampSasaab Lodge is located on the Ngutuk Ongiron Group Ranch in the West Gate community in Northern Kenya. In Samburu this area has a wild, dry beauty, changing in habitat from the lush slopes of Mount Kenya to the semi-desert of Kenya’s Northern Frontier District.
- Sasaab is owned by Mikey and Tanya Carr-Hartley who also own Sala’s Camp in the Masai Mara. Sasaab Lodge offers a true wilderness experience in an atmosphere of comfort and stylish decor and furnishings.
- Sasaab Lodge accommodation is in Moroccan style huge ‘tents’ each over 100 sq metres with bedroom, sitting room and en-suite bathrooms. There is a mix of double and twin tents. Solar power provides electricity and offers charging outlets to each room. All Sasaab Lodge tents have a private plunge pool and massage treatments can be taken in the privacy of your tent by the pool.
- Sasaab Lodge is a luxury camp set in the heart of the dry Samburu lands above the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River. There are amazing views from its quiet setting towards the Laikipia plateau and Mount Kenya in the distance.
- The main lodge area is on a ridge which gives a panorama view into the interior with its cozy Moroccan style and decor. Sasaab Lodge swimming pool is on a hill looking towards the river and massage and beauty treatments are on offer. Food is of a very high quality using the freshest possible products with a Moroccan influence on the cuisine.
- Game viewing is provided by day and night drives, walks along the river or in the dry bushlands, day visits to the Samburu reserve. Other Sasaab Lodge activities available include mountain biking and visiting the local Samburu people.
Elephant Bedroom Camp – Samburu, Kenya
- Elephant Bedroom Camp is set on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River in the renowned Samburu Game Reserve, surrounded by palms and other beautiful indigenous trees. The camp is small and intimate with simplistic elegance, luxury and style, providing an astonishing safari experience.
- Elephant Bedroom Camp has Twelve spacious, insect-proof bedroom tents, each with a private veranda overlooking the river. Inspired by the textures and colors of African nature, each of the 12 beautifully appointed tents surround you with luxury.
- The en-suite bathrooms are fitted with hot & cold running water, rain showers and flush toilets. Individual verandas encourage guests to linger while admiring the lush wilderness of the area. The cozy lounge and dining area with original oil paintings and soft intimate lighting open to the outside capturing the tranquil surroundings.
- Dining is a culinary experience with al-fresco meals and candle lit gourmet dinners set either under the African sky or inside the romantic dining area.
- Drinks Policy : Water,soft drinks, beer and house wine included in the room rates. Champagne, special wines and spirits are at an additional cost.
Bedouin Camp – Samburu, Kenya
Elephant Watch Camp – Samburu, Kenya
Kitich Camp – Samburu, Kenya
Desert Rose Lodge – edge of the Great Rift Valley in Northern Kenya
- Desert Rose Lodge Kenya; Desert Rose Lodge is located in the extremely remote, fantastically wild northern Kenya, in 25 hectares of indigenous forest on the slopes of Mt. Nyiru near the southern end of Lake Turkana.
- Flight time from Nairobi is one hour and fifty minutes, Driving ten to twelve hours and the overland distance covered between Nairobi and Desert Rose is 420 km.
- Desert Rose is a unique and luxurious lodge of five houses carved out of living rock. Desert Rose Lodge five houses accommodating up to twelve people are individually designed around various natural features. Each suite has it’s own private flush toilet and open air en-suite bathroom.
- Desert Rose Lodge main lounge and pool area have been hand crafted to blend with the indigenous gardens, landscaped to enhance the dramatic views and all the power is solar generated. In this remote area there are no man made noises or signs of human habitation.
- Dessert Rose Lodge has a myriad of exciting safaris and activities. These include a camel Safari, fishing in Lake Turkana for the Nile perch and Ndoto Mountains for some wild rock climbing.
- There are a multitude of walks one can take from Desert Rose Lodge in the dry rugged country on the valley floor or high in the Cedar and Podo forest.